Carpet Patch Repair Auckland
Ruined or torn carpet can be a tripping hazard and should be handled promptly. Stains, rips, and burns are bothersome. If you have some extra carpet from the time it was initially laid, A nice tip for you is that to fix the problem employing a carpet patch.
Luckily, we can help you with that. Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland based in South Auckland, North Shore, East, West Auckland, Hibiscus Coast for over 33 years.
Patch Carpet Tips
Water from indoor pot plants with no suitable tray causes the surrounding carpet to rot. It breaks or cracks down the carpet construction and will also harbour the detrimental fungus spores. If left far too late, this carpet area may need to be replaced with a useful item of carpet from a mat or closet. Phone the professionals Steam ‘n’ Dry carpet repair & laying service, in West Auckland, North Shore, Hibiscus Coast, East, South Auckland Since 1988 on 0800 783-266.
How to do Carpet Patch
To fix a hole or perhaps a frayed patch in a carpet, you’ll need a piece of a similar carpet slightly more significant than the damaged area. The composition may have been left over when the carpet was laid, or perhaps you can cut it from under a large piece of furniture that is never moved so that it will not show.
The joins of the repair should not be visible. In the beginning, you will see a colour difference between the new patch and so the remaining portion of the carpet, but in time this will likely become less obvious.
Things You’ll Need
- Carpet fix Glues
- Carpets’ Remnants
- Duct Tape
- Utility Knives
Carpet Patch Instructions
- Cut out the entire damaged area with a utility knife. Try to do this with just one cut on each side and avoid cutting through the carpet pad.
- Use the cut-out piece as a pattern to cut a new piece. Be sure to match the direction of the pile.
- Spread carpet adhesive on the exposed carpet pad and on the back of the carpet patch itself.
- Put some adhesive under the edges of the carpet patch surrounding the hole as well.
- Press the patch into the hole and rough up the pile with your fingertips.
- Let the glue dry for about six hours and then vacuum the carpet patch area.
Tips & Warnings
- If you accidentally cut the carpet pad, fasten fix it down with a piece of wide duct tape.
- If in case you don’t have an extra matching carpet, get a remnant at a carpet store. Take your damaged piece with you when you go to the store to help you find a good match.
- Use a sharp blade in the utility knife for the best cut.
- Use caution when working with a utility knife.
- Sometimes it’s just better to call the experts such as Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland offers expert carpet repairers, laying, flood fix, stain removal, carpet cleaning, drying repair in North Shore, West, East & South Auckland.
Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland based in South Auckland, North Shore, East, West Auckland, Hibiscus Coast for over 33 years. Read more here, Carpet Maintenance Tips.