Preparing for Carpet Installation
While do-it-yourself home improvement projects are increasingly popular, carpet installation requires specialized skill.
When you purchase your new carpet, ask your flooring retailer if they have professional carpet installers on staff. If not, ask them to recommend an independent installer for your area. In most cases, the retailer will handle all the details of arranging the installation. Be sure to ask about additional fees or carpet installation costs for things like old flooring removal and disposal and moving larger furniture pieces. Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland branches in West Auckland, North Shore, East South Auckland, Hibiscus Coast since 1987
Before your carpet installer arrives, here are some things you can do to make the job easier:
- Vacuum your old carpet to minimize dust when removed.
- If you’ve removed the old carpet, ventilate the room and vacuum the floor thoroughly.
- Leave nothing hanging over the carpet area, such as plants or drapery.
- Open windows and doors to provide proper ventilation.
Before Laying Begins
When the installer arrives, there’s a new checklist of chores to keep in mind:
- Make sure the carpet is the same one you ordered at the store before laying. Check the label and sales receipt.
- Ask your installer to inspect the carpet and backing for defects.
- Keep the label, receipt, warranty and a scrap of carpet for your records. That little scrap will come in handy if you ever want to buy more of the same style and colour!
- Decide if you wish to keep any leftover carpet to use as doormats or for future repair jobs.
- Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland offers professional carpet laying, flood fix, stain removal, carpet cleaning, drying repairers in North Shore, West, East & South Auckland.