Carpet Laying Methods
Getting a carpet laying methods right is the foundation for long carpet life. But getting carpet laying right means understanding some rules about carpet installation procedures too. Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland branches in South Auckland, North Shore, East-West Auckland, Hibiscus Coast since 1987
For instance, not following proper carpet laying methods can diminish the facility manager’s credibility as occupants may have to disrupt work schedules to accommodate repairs.
Carpet Laying Methods
Carpet Stretching Laying
There are situations in which the specifier will wish to utilize the stretch-in method. Each selection may be for one of the following reasons but not limited too.
- It provides enhanced underfoot comfort, acoustical properties when installed with separate cushioning.
- Also, it increases thermal insulation (R-value).
- It can be used over floors that are unsuitable for glue-down.
- The patterned carpet may be more easily matched.
- Corrective measures, such as a seam repair, may be easier to perform.
- Again, removal costs usually are less than the removal of an adhered installation.
Direct Stick Glue Down Carpet Lay
- Suitable for rolling traffic and ramp areas.
- Seams are much more durable since there is no vertical flexing.
- Minimized buckling in buildings that have HVAC systems turned off for extended periods.
- No re-stretch situations.
- Facilitates access to electrical and telephone lines under the floor.
- Practically eliminates incidences of seam peaking.
- No restrictions on the site size.
- Intricate border and inlay possibilities.
- Usually less expensive.
- Call the Experts Steam ‘n’ Dry carpet repair & laying service in West Auckland, North Shore, East, South Auckland Central City Since 1988 0800 783-266
Double Stick Glue Down Carpet Laying
- Combines the stability of direct glue down the carpet with the cushioning benefits of a separate cushion. Then stretch-in installation.
- Improves carpet appearance retention, foot comfort, and overall performance.
- Simplifies carpet bordering and inlaying.
- Suitable for wheeled traffic areas.
- No restrictions on the size of the area.
Top Tip for Carpet laying Methods
Professional installation is a must.
To sum up, putting carpet in your home correctly will help your home to look its best. Ensure that you get the most use from your new flooring. Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland offers expert carpet laying, repairs, flood fix, stain removal, carpet cleaning, drying repairers in North Shore, West, East & South Auckland.
Preparing your home
- First, make sure you have made arrangements for the take-up and disposal of your old carpet.
- Second, you’ll also need to shift your furniture out of the way to allow the carpet to be installed.
- Third, ensure that you can provide the most comfortable access for your carpet delivery.
- If the outside area is muddy, it’s a great idea to provide a space for cleaning shoes.
Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland branches in South Auckland, North Shore, East-West Auckland, Hibiscus Coast since 1987