Carpet Laying Methods
Getting carpet laying methods right is the foundation for long carpet life. But to get a correct carpet laying means understanding some rules about carpet installation procedures, too. Indeed, we work in high carpet cleaning government standards for the National Certificate in Flooring (level 4) and following the Restoration Sciences Academy. Steam n Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland Service has operated through its branch offices in South Auckland, North Shore, East, West Auckland and Hibiscus Coast since 1987.
For instance, not following proper carpet-laying methods can diminish the facility manager’s credibility, as occupants may have to disrupt work schedules to accommodate repairs.
Carpet Stretching And Laying
There are situations where the specifier will wish to utilise the stretch-in method. Each selection may be for one of the following reasons, but not limited to:
- It provides enhanced underfoot comfort and acoustical properties when installed with separate cushioning.
- Also, it increases thermal insulation (R-value).
- Carpet stretching and laying can be used over floors unsuitable for glue-down.
- The stretch-in method may more easily match the patterned carpet.
- Corrective measures may be easier to perform, such as seam repair.
- Lastly, removal costs are usually less than removing an adhered installation.
Direct Stick Glue Down Carpet Laying
- Suitable for rolling traffic and ramp areas.
- Seams are much more durable since there is no vertical flexing.
- It minimises buckling in buildings with HVAC systems turned off for extended periods.
- No re-stretching situations.
- Facilitates access to electrical and telephone lines under the floor.
- Practically eliminates incidences of seam peaking.
- No restrictions on the site size.
- Intricate border and inlay possibilities.
- Usually less expensive.
- Call the Experts from Steam n Dry Carpet Repair and Laying Auckland Services in West Auckland, North Shore, East and South Auckland Central City Since 1987 on 0800 783-266.
Double Stick Glue Down Carpet Laying
- Combines the stability of direct glue down the carpet with the cushioning benefits of a separate cushion. Then, stretch-in installation.
- Improves carpet appearance retention, foot comfort, and overall performance.
- Simplifies carpet bordering and inlaying.
- Suitable for wheeled traffic areas.
- No restrictions on the size of the area.
Top Tip For Carpet Laying Methods
Professional Installation Is A Must
To sum up, correctly putting a carpet in your home will help it look its best. Please make sure that you get the most use from your new flooring. Steam n Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland Services offers expert carpet laying, repairs, flood fixes, stain removal, carpet cleaning and drying repairers in North Shore, West, East and South Auckland.
You Are Preparing Your Home
- First, make sure you have made arrangements for the take-up and disposal of your old carpet.
- You’ll also need to shift your furniture out of the way to allow the carpet to be installed.
- Ensure you can provide the most comfortable access for your carpet delivery.
- If the outside area is muddy, providing a space for cleaning shoes is a great idea.
Steam n Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland branches in South Auckland, North Shore, East, West Auckland and Hibiscus Coast since 1987. To learn more about us, you can visit us today!
Updated Last: February/20/2024. By Graeme Stephens