Carpet Maintenance Guide
Carpets can easily create a much-improved look for your home. However, it requires some effort as it is an aesthetic appeal to preserve. Carpet services are the best solution that will certainly make your carpet look new and fresh at all times. Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland branches in South Auckland, North Shore, East, West Auckland and Hibiscus Coast since 1987. Carpet maintenance may seem tedious, but with professional help and the best equipment, you will find fewer reasons to be dissatisfied with the carpet you own.
A regular carpet maintenance program extends the life of the original appearance of your carpet. Today’s carpet fibres are designed to hide dirt and reflect light and have the ability to resist soiling and stains.
You will need to vacuum your dense traffic areas for ideal carpet maintenance at least twice a week. Also, vacuum clean less heavily used areas weekly. Use a vacuum cleaner with a beater bar or rotating brush with strong airflow to penetrate the carpet backing.
Carpet with thick loop pile construction, particularly wool and wool-blend styles, should be handled with extra precaution. They may be sensitive to brushing or rubbing the pile surface and become fuzzy. A suction-only vacuum is recommended for the best carpet maintenance for these products. If that is not available, use a vacuum with an adjustable brush lifted away from the carpet so it does not agitate the pile. Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland branches in South Auckland, North Shore, East, West Auckland and Hibiscus Coast.
There are various brands of vacuum cleaners. Some brands offer adjustable beater bars or even a feature to turn the beater bar off in some cases. The Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) also provides information and ratings of vacuumsֲ to provide the best new carpet care.
Preventive Carpet Maintenance Guide
- Use walk-off mats at all entrances to absorb soil and moisture. Clean mats regularly so they don’t become sources of soil themselves.
- Use quality underlay under your carpet, particularly on stairs. A suitable underlay gives better resilience underfoot and extends the life of your carpet. Some carpets carry warranties with specification requirements. Before purchasing your carpet underlay, review your warranty.
- Move heavy furniture occasionally to avoid excessive pile crushing. Put coasters intended for use with carpet under the legs of tables, chairs, and other furniture. This will help to distribute the weight and prevent mashing the pile. Do not use chairs or appliances with rollers or casters on the carpet without a chair underlay designed for the rug. Continued use without a chair underlay can cause damage to the carpet.
- When moving heavy wheeled furniture, prevent damage by placing heavy cardboard or plywood between the wheels and the carpet.
- The use of area rugs without carpet can enhance the look of a room and be removed and cleaned regularly. Also, clean and restore the pile of the carpet underneath.
- After carpet cleaning, remember to allow the carpet and the area rugs to dry completely before replacing them.
- Protect your carpet from prolonged periods of direct sunlight with blinds, shades, or awnings.
Carpet Care Tips
No matter how often you vacuum, your carpet will still need heavy-duty cleaning from time to time. Professionalֲ carpet care andֲ cleaning is required to maintain your warranty. We would be glad to advise you about which cleaning method is best for your carpet. Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland Service offers expert carpet repairers, laying, flood fix, stain removal, carpet cleaning and drying repair in North Shore, West, East and South Auckland.
Be sure to check with your retailer for the recommended cleaning method for your particular carpet. Trained carpet care professionals should perform this service at least every 12-24 months.
Our team has over 35 years of experience and is highly knowledgeable and well-trained in all types of cleaning processes assigned to different clients that we serve. We take great pride and passion for all of our cleaning projects. Our experts will never leave the job unfinished.
Whether you need a regular maintenance plan customised to your business operation or a one-time cleaning to get ready for a special meeting, Call Auckland Steam ‘n’ Dry at 09 3767007 to promote a safer, cleaner, healthier environment for your customers and employees.
Call Carpet Maintenance Guide Auckland on 0800783266. Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland Service branches in South Auckland, North Shore, East, West Auckland and Hibiscus Coast since 1987.
Last Updated 27/04/2022